The Story Changes Everything!
Mystery of the Times
February 28 - March 2, 2019
Once upon a time
In a land far, far away…
These phrases conjure a sense of adventure, of exhilarating journeys and heroic stories filled with challenge, danger, thrilling climaxes, honor, and justice. They are the stories we wish were true to life. They are the stories of what life is supposed to be. They are the stories we want to live. They are EPICS.
Yet we find ourselves caught up in the minutia of everyday life. We forget the princesses and knights and battles raging for ultimate justice. Those are confined to video games and fantasy while the excitement and adventure for which we were created are drained out of life in the “real” world.
But the ultimate EPIC beckons…
Great stories are great because they resonate in our hearts with the ultimate story—the story that gives meaning to life—the story that is more powerful than death—the story that is the power of transformation.
Join us at the EPIC Conference as we explore and celebrate the EPIC because The Story Changes Everything!
Mystery of the Times
Every day we learn more about how significant stories are. Even the very nature of truth and thus the meaning behind everything are revealed in narrative form. So it only makes sense that as people we discover our role by locating where in the narrative we live.
A story must have a beginning and also have an ending, and throughout history, people have sought to know what the end looks like and when we can expect it. Jesus and the New Testament writers spoke of the last days, but many are confused by which days they were describing. There were the last days of Old Testament Israel, and the last days of Jerusalem, and possibly even the last days of linear time.
As the mystery unfolds in the light of the New Testament revelation, we can see that we live after the climax and before the consummation. We do live in the end of the story, but the end can last a long time. The previous age was one of promise and prediction. This age is full of fulfillment, and demonstrations of the kingdom.
|Dudley Hall||JR Vassar||Alan Wright||Kenny Thacker|
Thursday, February 28
- 3:00 PM Pre-conference Gathering for Kerygma Network Churches
- 6:00 PM Welcome Reception
- 7:00 PM Plenary Session 1
Friday, March 1
- 9:00 AM Plenary Session 2
- 11:00 AM Track Sessions
- 12:00 PM Lunch (catered at the church for conference participants)
- 1:00 PM Plenary Session 3 (Panel Discussion with Q&A, Story & Ministry Time)
- 6:00 PM Dinner (catered at the church for conference participants)
- 7:00 PM Plenary Session 4
Saturday, March 2
- 9:00 AM Tracks Sessions
- 10:30 AM Closing Plenary Session
- 6:30 PM Post-Conference Bluegrass Pickin' Party featuring Grammy-Award-winning artists
Pre-Conference Kerygma Network Gathering
There will be a Kerygma Network Meeting At 3:00 PM on Thursday afternoon just prior to the kick-off of the conference, there will be a gathering for those who lead or attend Kerygma Network churches.
Post-Conference Pickin' Party
EPIC will conclude with the session ending at noon on Saturday. However, all participants are invited to stay for the Bluegrass Pickin' Party that evening as well as to attend the Sunday morning service at Lighthouse Christian Fellowship.
- Dudley Hall - Which Last Days?
- Alan Wright - The Good News of Judgment
- J.R. Vassar - End-Times Ethics
- Kenny Thacker - The Last Days According to Paul
- Alan Wright - I Hope So: How the Certainty of Future Glory Makes Life Glorious Today
- Dudley Hall - How the Story Ends: The Meaning of the Book of Daniel
Breakout Track Sessions
- Exciting Breakout Track Sessions will be available for pastors and church leaders, married couples, youth, and everyone else. (Unlike in previous years, you do not have to choose your track session when you register.) You'll be able to select your Track at the conference.
- Alan & Anne Wright - The Yes House: How Grace Can Work for Every Family
- Matt Boswell & Kenny Thacker - Worship - Gospel-Centered Worship
- Chris Cain - Youth -
- Tom Hall - Church Leadership - Turn But Turn Wisely
- Dudley Hall - Interpreting the Times: Romans as a Roadmap
EPIC: The Story Changes Everything will be hosted by Lighthouse Christian Fellowship located at 4331 E. Prosper Trail, Prosper, Texas 75078 (Prosper is a northern suburb of Dallas.)
Hampton Inn & Suites McKinney
2008 North Central Expressway
McKinney, Texas 75069
P: 972.542.6622 Ext 605
Rooms have been blocked at the Hampton Inn & Suites with a special rate of $108/night. The group name is: EPIC Conference 2019. To get the rate, ask for or enter Group Code: CON before February 4, 2019.
This link will take you to the dedicated conference page on the Hampton Inn website to make reservations at the conference rate. The rate is only available until February 4, 2019.
- Adults: $150 per person
- Children (2-17): $50
- Children (0-1): $0
GENERAL REGISTRATION (After February 18, 2019)
- Adults: $180 per person
- All Children: $100
(Childcare and programming for children and youth are limited and will be available only for those who register in advance.)
For groups of 10 or more, please contact our office at 817-267-9224 for information about group rates. (Group rates only apply to groups of 10 or more who register together with the same payment method.)
Registrations may be transferred but not refunded.